Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's The First Day Of...

...The Fall.

As such:

I remember when I first became a fan of The Fall...

I had heard about them, in passing reference, when I was in high school in the 1980s. But I'd never actually heard their music. Based on their name alone, I assumed they were some sort of Gothic, Sisters of Mercy-type band and that their music would reflect that genre.

So, one day years later, I decided to experiment: I downloaded a few of their songs from the internet. That was all it took for me to get hooked.

There's so much that can be said about The Fall. Too much, in fact...so I won't bother. I'll just as soon refer you to their Wikipedia bio.

Needless to say, after 30-plus years, almost just as many albums and about 90 other live collections, compilations and other releases, there's just too much by this prolific band (of which, Mark E. Smith has been the only constant) to put on display here.

Instead, I've gathered together a collection of some of my favourite songs. If you've never heard The Fall before, you'll soon become of fan.

Click on Mark E. Smith's face to download the songs.

The Fall:

Blindness

Dresden Dolls (Demo)

Hit The North


I Am Damo Suzuki


Middle Class Revolt


Paranoia Man In Cheap Sh*t (sic) Room


Serum


Smile


Solicitor In Studio


Strychnine


Theme From Sparta FC


U.S. 80s-90s

No comments: